In the United States, heart disease is the leading cause of death. Heart disease is used to describe several conditions but many of these conditions relate to plaque buildup in the walls of the arteries.
Heart disease prevents blood, increasing the risk of heart attack, stroke, angina, and heart failure. Additionally, men are more vulnerable due to them making up more than half of the disease’s fatalities.
Luckily, we can protect our heart health and reduce the risk of getting heart disease by following a few tips, eating a wholesome diet, and getting regular exercise. Here’s what we can do to have a healthy heart:
1. Eat healthy foods including omega-3 and polyunsaturated fats such as oily fish, fruits, and vegetables.
2. Don’t eat processed food often to avoid large amounts of salt, saturated fats, and added sugars.
3. Exercise regularly (Health experts recommend dedicating 150 minutes weekly to doing moderate-to-intense physical activity).
4. Manage body weight (On average, men should have a body fat percentage between 2 to 4 percent. Women should have 10 to 13 percent).
5. Don’t smoke!
6. Know how to recognize heart attack symptoms so you can get help as soon as possible.
At Doral Health & Wellness Cardiology Center, you and your loved ones can get a healthy heart after meeting with one of our top cardiologists.
To schedule an appointment at our Doral Health & Wellness Cardiology Center, call 347-868-1012 today.